Sunday, April 3, 2011

Date with Cody - Learning how to treat a girl!


Outside the movie


We are HUGE fans of the book series by Jeff Kinney, 'Diary of a Wimpy kid'.  We saw the first movie as a family and laughed out loud throughout the whole movie and couldn't wait to go see 'Diary of a Wimpy kid: Rodrick Rules'.  Cody had asked me to take him since he saw the first commercial for the new movie.  I told him while the other boys were playing outside one day that when it comes out I would let him take me on a date to the movies! 

A week ago I had told him I would let him take me on that date this friday.  Well, of course I had to let him down easy because I had worked at my moms house getting her all moved in and ran out of time to be able to take him.  So, I told him if we had enough time after my all day tournament I would take him then OR take him Sunday after church.  He was ok with that.  Saturday rolled around and we didn't get done until after 8 and I just really wanted to get home because I was tired, dirty and just plain worn out and so I reminded him that FOR SURE we would go after church on Sunday.  This morning I woke up and was very excited.  Called Cody into my room while the other 2 were watching cartoons and told him how excited I was about today!!! 

It was perfectly planned because the movie started at 1:20pm and so we dropped Jacob and the other 2 off at Jacob's batting practice at 1pm.  Before we got to the drive-thru at Wendy's for a quick lunch, I gave Cody (7 years old)  $20 and explained to him that when he does take girls out he would need to pay for their meal and for their movie ticket because that's the respectable thing to do.  After going through the drive-thru the lady told us the total and Cody handed me the $20 and paid for the meal.  Cody got a kid's meal and I got a small salad because we only had 10 minutes before the movie started.  We parked at the movie theatre and ate quickly.  Another respectable thing I wanted to teach Cody about dates was it's COOL to open doors for the girls, so he opened the car door (and shut it) and opened the Movie theatre door for me!  He told the ticketmaster that he wanted 2 tickets to Diary of a Wimpy kid: Rodrick Rules and handed the guy the money from his pocket.  There were 2 older ladies behind us that thought it was the cutest seeing Cody being so sweet to his mommy!  Cody also ordered from the snack bar: "medium popcorn, bottled water and 2 free ice cups please!". 

We laughed through the whole movie and after the movie we went and picked up Jacob and the other boys. All in all, I'd have to say, Cody is going to make one girl very happy!  Lastly, we ended the day with his Aunt Becky taking his 7 year old birthday pictures. Posting pictures when I get them!
This is taken by my cell phone as a sneek peak!

I really love Cody so much and really enjoy our one-on-one time!  I'm going to do it more often because it really is going to strengthen our bond and his ability to be able to treat a girl like they should be treated.

No comments: