Friday, April 15, 2011

5k - Jarrell Rock Solid Spring Fest - Girl's Night Out

April 9th, 2011, I scratched off one of my many items listed on my bucket list.  I ran a 5k.  I told you in one of my posts that eventually I would like to run a marathon.  Well, I just began my journey to that bucket list item.  Woohoo!  I ran with my sister-in-law, Danielle.  She's very fit and is a long distance runner.  Me, not a long distance runner and working towards getting fit.  With her encouragement and zumba music we completed the 5k WITHOUT STOPPING! I even came 4th in my division with a time of 35.03:13. 







After our race, I ran walked, to my sons baseball games.  They did so good.  I am just overly proud of them.  While the game was going at the Jarrell Community Center, they were having their annual Rock Solid Spring Fest with all the goodies such as; bounce house, face painting, food, crafts, etc.  The main thing the boys wanted to do was the Bubble Ball. 

We had been planning on a Girl's night out for the longest time and even after our 5k run and long day out in the sun we managed to get all dolled up and go to Hardtails Bar and Grill. I was so worn out that after dinner and 1 adult beverage, I called my husband to come pick me up (I rode with my sis-in-law there).  It was a great day! 

  

No comments: