Sunday, March 20, 2011

Houston and Buna Trip (March 12-14)

Thursday (3/11) we got our bags packed and friday (3/12) morning instead of getting the boys ready for school we hopped in the car and headed to Houston where my dad lives.  Once we arrived to Houston we took a potty break and then got our bags out of our car and put it in their car and got back on the road towards Buna.  Buna is a small town my dad grew up in and my grandparents still live there.  It has been over 4 years since I had seen my grandparents, so Friday evening was spent getting caught up.  Every year on the 2nd saturday in March, Buna has a RedBud Festival.  They have a parade and carnival.  We woke up saturday (3/13) morning, got dressed and ate breakfast and headed to get a good spot for the parade.  The people in the parade would throw out candy and beaded necklaces.  My boys LOVED it.  After all the fun and lunch with the grandparents, we headed back to my dad's in Houston saturday evening.  Sunday (3/14) we enjoyed a nice dinner and worship at my Dad's house.  Some long time family friends (The Greens) were down so that was very nice to be able to catch up with them.  My husband and I even had the pleasure of getting prayed over by them and others in the church.  It was just what we needed.  We packed up our things and kissed Cody since he was staying with my dad until thursday.









No comments: