Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Cat in the "Hats"

Not only are my boys excited for tomorrow, but this mommy/teacher is excited as well!!!!  It's DR. SEUSS BIRTHDAY!  Just to name a few of my favorite books: The Cat in the Hat, Green eggs and Ham, Hop on Pop, My foot book....I could go on and on! 

Tonight I wanted to make a special treat for the little students in my class.  I made Cat's HATS.  I purchased vanilla wafers, lifesaver berry gummies, and vanilla icing.  Placed the vanilla wafers on a pan, put a dab of icing on the wafer and placed the first of 3 red (or as close to red) gummy life savers and repeated the step of dabbing on the icing.  It was quick and easy and tastes delish!





Tomorrow, in honor of Dr. Seuss birthday, the boys and I plan to make "green eggs and ham" but with a twist.  We will get stick pretzels, green m&m's, and white chocolate chip melts.  We are going to take 2 sticks of pretzels put them close together, add the white chocolate chip melt on top of pretzels and put in oven until chocolate melts and then top with green m&m. The pretzels represent the ham and the white chocolate chips and green m&m's on top represent the green eggs!

  I know the boys are going to be so excited to make these yummy treats after school.     




No comments: