Monday, February 14, 2011

Love is in the air

Today is the day that we celebrate the love that we have for one another. Whether it be your spouse, child or friends we all love to show people how much we care. But there is one love that is greater than all others and that is the love of God poured out for us, let us remember today the greatest gift of love ever given and His name; Jesus Christ!

With that being said, I want to share about my family's special day.  It all started with a nice flat tire. (UGH) Yes, we all go to get in the truck and we have a flat but we don't have an air compressor so we drove to the nearest gas station(s) to fill it.  Jacob and I got the boys to school and took their laundry basket FULL of bottled love juice, cupcakes, and teacher gifts.  At this time I am ridiculously late... RUSH to work and drop Hayden off at his class with his box full of goodies.  Needless to say, the love juice was a total hit.

I was able to sneek away from my class and attend Hayden's class party for about 5 minutes.  I was able to get ONE picture of my full of life red head with his Valentine box (made out of Folgers coffee holder). Sad that I wasn't able to make it to Cody and Mason's parties.  Probably the only down side of working in Cedar Park, but they understand that their mommy will try and make everything if I could. 




Whenever I got home I literally passed out on the couch I was that exhausted from this past weekend and staying up later than usual finishing up everything.  My sweet husband took Hayden to run an errand so that I could get as much rest as possible before the older 2 got home from school.  Whenever they got home they woke me up and asked to go outside and play, but I was literally glued to the couch barely able to keep my eyes open.  Respectfully, the boys didn't put up a fight and were eager to get into their candy and Valentine boxes from school (all while enjoying watching Finding Nemo).

Around 5:30 I finally hop up (of course it took all of my will power, but I did) and got dressed into my workout clothes and made it to Zumba just in time so that I could work off the delicious treats my wonderful parents and students gave me today.  Before I had left I put the lasagna in the oven, which I am glad I did because by the time I did all I had to do was heat up the veggies and put the crescent rolls in the oven.  Jacob and I set the table.  Teamwork is pretty much our motto for our family.  Dinner at the table with the family is one thing I want to instill in my children because that is how a family grows.  They each took turns sharing how their day and parties.  Another successful day!



    

No comments: