Wednesday, February 16, 2011

BEST

I know the title says BEST, but I am going to start with my not-so-best day.  Actually, I don't even want to go there. 

Whenever I got home, I did a few things around the house and ended up passing out on my bed.  It was a MUCH needed nap and I am so thankful that my husband took the kids out and let mommy have a quiet peaceful (2hour) nap!  Although, when my husband needed to run to the store it took my eyes and body to get up and go outside with the kids. 

The smell of the grill running; pleasured my sense of smell.  I am a HUGE fan of grilling.  One thing I did before my amazing nap was put chicken breasts in a ziplock bag and added Ken's Steakhouse Italian with garlic and asiago cheese so it can marinade.  It was a perfect choice because the chicken tasted delicious especially along side the corn on the cob, broccoli-carrots-water chestnuts-snow peas steamed to perfection, salad, and four cheese boule. 

Saving the BEST for last.  Every evening the boys tell us how their day was, it is my favorite part of the day to be able to just sit and fellowship with my sweet family.  Cody (7) has never been the vegetable eater BUT tonight he requested salad with ranch and DEVOURED it and asked if he could have salad again tomorrow night.  That was a BIG deal for him and we praised him for that and reminded him of the health benefits of eating salad (getting big muscles of course!).

   

No comments: