Sunday, August 22, 2010

Twas the night before....Pre-K and 1st Grade!

Twas the night before Pre-K and 1st grade, when all through the house, not a student was stirring, not even; oh wait Hayden is still. The back packs are hung right near their outfits, in hopes that tomorrow's first day will start with NO fits. The boys are snuggled into their beds with letters, numbers and shapes dancing in their heads.

It's amazing to think that at the age of 15 when Jacob and I started dating that we would fast forward 11 years and have 3 boys later, in which, 2 are in elementary and 1 that would love to be going with his big brothers. I have to say that I am BEYOND BLESSED. Sitting here tonight as I am typing, I have a lump in my throat trying to hold myself back from just letting a flood of tears go. I CAN DO THIS.

Whenever we came home from sunday dinner at the in-laws, the boys got in the shower and got good and squeaky clean. I lotioned them up, they brushed their pearly whites and jumped into our bed for a few books and the bible read to them. Jacob prayed over them and then they went to their rooms. Cody had a harder time with being in his room since this summer he 'camped' out on the couch most of the time. So in his mind the couch WAS IN FACT his "Bed". But he has now settled in nicely and is fast asleep. On the other hand, although he did not have a hard time going to his bed, Mason is having a hard time falling asleep. I think all the hype of going to "BIG BOY SCHOOL" has got him jittery. I am just thankful he is being quiet. Now if I could only say the same for Hayden who is just running around here singing his new favorite song: The B-I-B-L-E.

To all my teacher family & friends, I just want you to know that what you are doing, IT'S A BIG DEAL and you are making a BIG DIFFERENCE in the lives of the next generations of Presidents, law makers, doctors, law enforcements, teachers, managers, etc. So from little ol me to you: THANK YOU!

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! GOD BLESS!

No comments: