Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I love you THIS MUCH!


My favorite thing to do as a parent/mommy is question my sons love for me. I will ask them "How much do you love me?" and in return they stretch their arms out as wide as they can go and say "THIS MUCH MOMMY!". Which in return, I stretch mine as far as they can go and tell them I love them this much too and then I wrap my arms around them and kiss them. This is one ritual I hope continues in our family. It's simple but the boys absolutely love it.

As I was laying in bed this morning just meditating on God's love for me and everyone else, it dawned on me that God also 'proved' his love for us by stretching his arms as wide as they could go on the cross for all those who questioned,he said; "I LOVE YOU THIS MUCH!". I will teach my sons this concept when they get a bit older, but as an adult I just love the fact that God came from heaven in form of man, Jesus, to show love/passion for people by dying on the cross for ALL our sins. Thank you Lord for you mercy and grace.

No comments: