Monday, August 23, 2010

FIRST DAY @ SCHOOL

Wow, what a day.  Full of all kinds of emotions. This morning was kind of hard for myself to wake up but once I remembered how special today was I quickly popped up and went and woke Mason up so he could go potty.  He was very happy to not have an accident and that today was THE day!  We had already laid his clothes out and so he went to where they were laying and got dressed.  After he got dressed he went and laid with his daddy for a few minutes of cuddle time. 

After getting Mason all ready, I went and tried to wake Cody up.  Expecting him to whine about having to get up, he just popped up as well. He also got dressed quickly and was ready to go.  So I surprised them, and said after they brushed their teeth we would head to McDonald's for a Special breakfast.  Of course that isn't going to happen anymore (well maybe here and there) they were so happy and excited.  When we got there we saw other kiddos in their cute outfits for school.  I brought the food and my school boys ate all of their 'BIG BREAKFAST'.  I'm telling you, these boys can eat.  I may have to take food donations when they become teenagers. 

Whenever we walked the boys into the school, it was a MAD HOUSE.  There was adults and children EVERYWHERE. I really hope by next week they get a routine down that actually works.  We had to take the boys to the gym and their classes were lined up by the teacher they had.  We dropped Mason off and then went and took Cody.  Jacob stayed with Cody and I went back to Mason just to wait and see what needed to be done.  I was watching as this parent behind me was almost uncontrollably crying as her daughter was like "um, mom please stop or I am about to bust out and cry!".  I was trying to be the adult and be strong for my little pre-ker so he knew school was actually cool and fun.  It was time for goodbye's and we departed in which seemed like for a few minutes because before I knew it I was heading back to the school to pick up my big boys.

Same as the morning, it was crazy hectic trying to get both boys and get back to the vehicle.  Tomorrow I will be getting there at 2:45pm to be sure I am first in line!  First thing Mason asked for was a McDonald's happy meal.  Of course since today was a SPECIAL DAY, I gave him.  I need to back up a bit, as soon as we got into our truck, Cody had blood on his mouth, his tooth was hanging by a little bit of his gums.  I got a napkins and pulled it!  The permanent tooth had already came in behind the tooth.  Cody really took from today at school to be obedient and do what your parents.  He was using his manners and actually doing what I asked without WHINING! 

I had a meeting at work this evening (which I hate evening meetings because I live far and get home late late). Jacob had stuff to do where he had to take the boys.  They didn't get in the shower until 9:45pm.  I felt really bad for them.  I prayed that God would let them sleep so good and give them enough energy to get through the day.  All 3 are passed out.  I am so ready for my head to hit the pillow and my eyes to roll on back.

Good Night and God bless.

No comments: