Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A case of the mondays on a tuesday!


I don't know what it was but today I was 'not-in-the-mood' for anyones shinanagans today. I work with kids which I truly enjoy for many different reasons, but one that stands out most is; MOST kids listen to me reguardless. WELL NOT TODAY! Today should have been designated CRY DAY. I actually would have loved to have joined in with the group. But I am a professional and had to set aside my 'issues' and be a grown up. By the end of my work day I was so exhausted and just DONE.

Got home, and my sweet husband 'kind of' gave me a back massage(as long as we have been married, I will take what I can get!), which ended into locking of the door and...oh wait this is PG, well I ended up have a PANICK ATTACK, first time for everthing I guess. After I calmed down, I turned on music which is a soothing comfort for me. Kim Walker was singing 'Happy Day' and the first verse and chorus says:

Greatest day in history
Death is beaten
You have rescued me
Sing it out Jesus is alive!

The empty cross, the empty grave
life eternal
You have won the day
Shout it out Jesus is alive!
He is alive!

Chorus :
Oh happy day, happy day!
You wash my sin away!
Oh happy day, happy day!
I'll never be the same
Forever I am changed!

It was JUST what I needed to hear. I was instantly encouraged, pumped, excited, eager, etc. I know hormones played a big part in the 'Debbie Downer' in me today, but I shouldn't let that get the best of me. God has already BEAT my bad day. So, OH HAPPY DAY!

I was so encouraged, we loaded up the boys and went and ran a mile. I have gained 2-3 lbs. and it has got me in a funk. I have started a little workout and eating better to get that weight down. Jacob is cooking tostados and taco salads for dinner. Such a huge relief since whenever I got home I had done a load of dishes and washed a few that needed extra washing.

Things are changing around the Dotson house, FOR THE GOOD!

No comments: